I had several topics to write about rolling around in my head for weeks now. Time took them. No, I am not ducking responsibility, I didn’t make the time to write them and the ideas are gone or at least misplaced. So, here I am, musing about time.
Time is getting away from me. It is being taken by my unfocused actions. It is being taken by others who take on projects and don’t follow through. It’s being taken by the interruptions and distraction of life. Once time is gone it’s gone. You can’t get ten minutes back from yesterday as a redo to use today.
With the arrival of the nine year old priorities are different. In the macro sense priorities are easy, if it relates to kiddo it is the priority. In the micro, compartmentalized, sense there is struggle. Several things both personal and professional seem to have the same level of importance. Splitting hairs is as hard as it sounds.
In reality the issue isn’t time or time management, it’s action management. The solution is for me to make the choice to make choices regarding the action that needs to happen next. Blaming time or time management is becoming a victim and disempowering.
Choice is power.
No comments:
Post a Comment